With all of the warm weather we’ve been having, you may be starting to think about your air conditioner. While you likely still have a few weeks before it’s really necessary, there are some preparations you can take to make sure your A/C is working up to your standards when you need it. After sitting unused for months, you don’t want to find out that something isn’t working on a sweltering summer day.
Consider the following when making your transition from heating to cooling:
- Clean or replace the filters. If they are clogged by dust, the air will flow less efficiently and may even blow some dust into the air you and your family breathe.
- Check the outdoor condenser for any debris. Remove leaves or other gunk that may be blocking parts of the unit.
- Make sure the outdoor unit is turned on. This may sound silly, but you’d be surprised how many homeowners call for service not realizing they’ve skipped this very important step.
- Inspect your ductwork. If you were ignoring signs of inefficient performance last season, that wear still exists. Running the air conditioner with faulty ductwork is just money out the window.
- Take a good look at your thermostat. If it’s an older model, consider an upgrade. Modern thermostats can actually provide a big improvement in energy conservation and utility bills.
If you think it’s time to have your HVAC serviced, give us a call at (610) 325-9966.